Thursday, January 11, 2007

The Nolans Quiz, Lurker Invitation, What's in the News plus Technical Question (not much really)


Hi,
please can I echo Brodie's/John's excellent request for all lurkers to come and say "hello" this week?

In particular, if you have moved your blog from blogspot to typepad can you leave me a comment? Can I make the move without losing my archives and current posts/comments?

I was helped to set up another blog today - on typepad, and I was converted.
It seems so easy - no html editing; merely click the boxes! A friend had given his blog a lovely Christmas feel some weeks back and I was so impressed at the blog's decoration, then I saw for myself today that on typepad it's simple to switch the template (my admiration was genuine at the time, S!)

It's been a day of contrasts - pastoral work in the morning, appointment with Inland Revenue tax officer in the afternoon (yes, it's that avoid-the-fine-time again) and haircut at lunchtime. Came out with smooth supershiny straightened, curled under hair. Not me at all. Apparently it's a very trendy style but I feel a bit like Coleen Nolan circ19?? Found a picture to show you. My haircut feels as if it's the one on the far left:





Feeling very annoyed by some news this week too - as usual, Christmas and New Year are quiet on the controversial news front and then it all comes out in one week.

* Bush :::::feel anger rising:::::::20,000 more men and women to Baghdad. Nice one.

* Ruth Kelly - betraying Labour's roots - paying for education in my eyes goes against the grain if you are a government minister. I have noted some comments in the blogosphere about her right as a parent but I feel in very strong agreement with the letter writer to one broadsheet who said this on Wednesday:
Ruth Kelly would have been correct to exercise her right as a parent to send her child to a private school had she not pocketed a ministerial salary and trumpeted the excellence of the state system of education for which she had responsibility.

I shall leave you with a question: in what year was the picture of the Nolans taken? Post your answer in the comments (lurkers, you too can join in with this simple quiz!)

9 comments:

  1. In my defence I want to say that I never claimed any sort of blog design genius...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a lurker, but hello anyway. Can't imagine you with Nolan hair - will it still be like that on Sunday or will you "not be able to do it like that yourself"? (which is why I gave up going to the hairdressers incidentally)
    On a more serious note - I'm shouting at the TV news so much this week - I cannot believe President Bush can get away with what he's doing - it's insane!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nah, can't do straighteners, back to normal on Sunday.

    Bush - pffff - peeked at some N. American Christian blogs to see what they were saying about W.....

    no comment in this public space

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:15 AM

    Hi Lynn,

    Stopping by for the first time. Look forward to reading more.

    I'm very disappointed to see so many more troops going. Strangely there's not been a whole lot said about that over here in Yank-land.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my John. You will find my blog a load of levity and nonsense with the odd serious comment thrown in here and there.

    can you call back tomorrow as I am going to post a serious theological question? :-)

    Thanks so much for stopping by.

    Oh - the Nolans - a singing group - all sisters - very popular in the 1980s but cheesey with a capital C.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous4:24 AM

    "Levity". Ever throw any levitation in for good measure? :-)

    Will stop by for sure. But I like levity and nonsense.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lynn ...

    I was going to guess that photo was taken in about 1984.

    I'm glad you've found us all ...

    aka ... sonja

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sonja!!

    Thanks for leaving a message - and you are RIGHT with the year!

    Well done!

    (of course I was very, very young in 1984!)

    ReplyDelete

In the words of Mrs Doyle in Father Ted, go on, go on, go on........

Leave me a wee message! Only rules - is it true, is it kind, is it necessary?