Friday, April 27, 2007

Emerging Chat

Apparently the word "debate" shouldn't be used to describe what I went to on Wednesday night.

So...to clarify....the emerging church talk wasn't a debate in the number one meaning of the word in the dictionary.
There was no arguing, no taking sides, no "does this house decide" this or that.
I used the word meaning "CHAT" or "TALK" or "DISCUSSION".

Another meaning of the word debate is to deliberate or consider and that was what I was trying to do and hopefully my previous post shows how much I enjoyed that!

oh no, if I have to weigh up the appropriate usage of every word I type on my blog.......I'm in trouble otherwise! At least I know it's happened to most people!

No comments:

Post a Comment

In the words of Mrs Doyle in Father Ted, go on, go on, go on........

Leave me a wee message! Only rules - is it true, is it kind, is it necessary?