Monday, March 05, 2007

Hot Fuzz

Went to see Hot Fuzz on Friday. I strongly recommend it!! There are some scenes of murderous carnage but it is tongue-in-cheek, laugh-out-loud humour with the gloriously talented Simon Pegg.

It's also a "who's who" of British comedy - I lost count after about twelve well known comic actors.

Spent a day at the chalk-face again today (English classes). I do enjoy this. I've blogged on this before, but nothing beats the banter in a staff room. Weird thing is walking the corridors and being tapped on the shoulder by some teenagers who are part of the church - they are shocked to see me out of context and I am shocked at physical contact by a teenager in a school tie. Actually, for tie - read "hoody".

Last week was a hard one - I used to love having meetings in my job because I work alone so often and now I don't as much because at the end I am reminded of (a) all the things I have forgotten to do prior to the meeting (b) all the things I now have to do arising out of the meeting! I am convinced that my ability to retain information is receding fast.......

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:32 PM

    Observation on our ability to retain information: if it is a)interesting, b)relevant, c)on our agenda and/or d)significant I find it a lot easier to remember things!

    Maybe you should secretly tape the meetings in order to have a record of what you agreed to do, using a 24 style bug! I reccommend turning your natty hair clip into a recording device! Also in 20 years time you could use the transcripts as collateral against your colleagues! Bwahahahahaha!
    On the other hand you could just start taking minutes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:02 AM

    Martha, you're a smart cookie (or should that be CUPCAKE?) - noticed my bejewelled hair clip, did you?

    What's the protocol for minute-taking at team meetings? Can you patch me through to someone who knows?? Preferably someone who knoes how to handle a ringpull and a long earring post.....

    yours cryptically
    L (aka Jack)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Natty hair clip....picture wanted

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Paul.....ooooh I've got a new visitor - welcome! I was running around hiding the newspapers that lie everywhere and plumping the cushions when I remembered that this is a virtual world :-)

    Must confess to not having seen Shaun, but I think I will hire it out so I can.....we're huge SPACED fans in our house and that's how I came to like Simon Pegg so much.

    Please do visit again and I will drop by your blog too!

    ReplyDelete

In the words of Mrs Doyle in Father Ted, go on, go on, go on........

Leave me a wee message! Only rules - is it true, is it kind, is it necessary?