Saturday, September 30, 2006

Saturday's over but Sunday's coming....

My goodness, I must learn to organise my diary a little better....teatime alpha, big training event and Sunday morning service all being organised by me and all happening between 6pm Friday and 10.30am Sunday. Thank you God for such a huge team of supporters and hard workers who surround me to help in every way possible.........without them I'd be........in a mess, truly!

Really looking forward to tomorrow; the service theme is "Love the one".

The only wee cloud on the horizon is that I have four exam answers to write out and rewrite in shorter paragraphs and then commit to memory and I have only got one done.

Eschatology, anyone?.....anyone? .........anyone?

3 comments:

  1. Your technical genius and calming presence came to the fore again!

    Lynn

    PS I'm looking forward to not having to worry about Windows media player, DVDs, laptops, long leads with funny sockets and powerpoint timing being "out" in heaven.


    "Then I looked and heard the voice of many angels, numbering thousands upon thousands, and ten thousand times ten thousand. They encircled the throne and the living creatures and the elders. In a loud voice they sang:
    "Worthy is the Lamb, who was slain, to receive power and wealth and wisdom and strength and honour and glory and praise!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:04 PM

    Can I ask...how did it go?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Stuart
    thanks for asking. I will hear later today if I have passed. I feel I managed to adopt the right tone this time, "theologians believe..." etc instead of "the Bible says..."
    First question was on the Trinity - chief problems associated with formulating a doctrine on. I am quite confident I managed to remember all I had learnt. Managed to correctly use the term perichoresis this time!

    Second Q was on sin and the human person, waffled a bit here but managed to cover the main bases (I think) by talking about imageo dei and the effect of sin, spoiling the perfect community intended between God and humans.

    ReplyDelete

In the words of Mrs Doyle in Father Ted, go on, go on, go on........

Leave me a wee message! Only rules - is it true, is it kind, is it necessary?